Sunday 29 May 2016

Ethnic design in my Etsy Shop

Ethnic design Necklace and Earrings

Cat's Cradle € 45



Cat's Cradle
I worked directly onto a model for this piece; I wanted to make sure that the pattern I had envisaged would sit properly when worn. I really enjoyed this new approach to designing and I hope you enjoy the results! I started the design with these amazing Peruvian seed pods
(if you would like to know more about them go to this site 
http://www.cucurbit.org/family/species/Fevillea/fevi_cor2.html 
To go with them I choose undyed hemp string, knotted and threaded with orange wood beads and African amber recycled glass beads. The necklace was finished with an antique gold chain with a matching lobster clasp and extension chain.
The necklace measures on the inside 42cms (16.5 inches) and outer measure approx. 68 cms (27 inches, this can be extended by 6 cms ( 2.5 inches)
The earrings are made from African amber recycled glass beads, orange wood beads and knotted natural hemp string. The hook is antique gold colour and is nickle free.
Length from hook 4.5 cms.

This set is so unusual it is sure to get compliments. 

MADE IN AND SHIPPED FROM IRELAND






No comments:

Post a Comment