Monday 1 June 2015

Wearable Art necklace and earrings finished at last

If you remember if you were following my blog I started on a new wearable art piece


 It has been a challenge to make this piece..it happens!
I got as far as this....

 and then scrapped everything but the pendant, I have put aside the rest of the design as I still have ideas to make another necklace from it.
I kept the buttermilk silk yarn and introduced a stone and brown slubbed cotton yarn.
This when wrapped around the jersey material blended beautifully with the pendant.
I completed the two pieces of the necklace and made a hook and eye to fasten it.




I tried many ways to attach the pendant, none of them worked for me until I remembered that I had some leather pieces; cut in a strip and bound with yarn made the perfect fastening.



The effect was good but too plain so I added some yarn tassels.

I decided to add some more pieces of leather to the necklace.



At last I was happy with the results; I made a pair of earrings to complement the necklace.

The finished set  'Painted Jasper'



No comments:

Post a Comment