Sunday 30 December 2012

Making boxes for my Jewellery

Ideas on how to make your own boxes

I needed boxes for my jewellery and found it difficult to find any that filled my requirements...and at the right price!
I decided to have a go at making my own....

I happened to have this card making equipment..until now unused!
 ...with this you can score accurate fold lines.

I used 160 gms card, which is OK for small boxes, I did make double folds all round to give more stability.

The last side to be folded in, I secured the flaps down with double sided tape.

Close up of the corner cuts.

I designed and printed some labels for the lids.

Lid completed ...don't forget to make them a few mm's larger than the base!


Lid and box complete


I lined the box with tissue.

Ready to send or give...
You can make any size with this idea, square or rectangular. Line it with fabric, tissue or patterned papers.Decorate the box lid ....so many possibilities!

Recycled card in several weights and a good selection of colours from  https://secure.eco-craft.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

I found a wonderful selection of tissue papers on this site http://www.thewrappingranch.co.uk/ 

and other goodies on both sites!!!

Let me know your comments! 

 HAPPY NEW YEAR!




4 comments:

  1. I love this idea, so easy and so much nicer than boxes you'd buy in a shop, you can decorate them however you please. I must go in search of some card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Sarah! The boxes look great. I must invest in a card making kit to make boxes and thank-you cards myself. Thanks for the ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete