Wednesday 29 January 2014

My garden in Morocco

Indoor gardening

This is a real challenge for me...my blog readers will know that I have a large garden in Ireland


Now I am living part time in Morocco and as I am staying in a Riad I decided to try making an indoor garden.
I bought two planters in the Souk, made from recycled motor tyres, and begged some soil from my landlord.


Both of them are now filled and seeds have been sown ( I probably should have waited for the new moon)


It still is chilly at night so I have been covering them with fleece....now I have to wait and see if they germinate!


I sowed some rocket in October and that seems to be doing very well...a 'creature' ate the basil plants!
And we have mint for the tea.

 
So watch this space for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment