Wednesday 15 January 2014

Wearable Art at last for sale in my Etsy Shop

EVE , first of my wrapped textile jewellery collection 

 EVE.... soft and lightweight, wearable art; something very different to compliment your wardrobe.
I have been working on this collection of wearable art for the past year. As with all new ideas it takes time to get from the first sketch to the finished product.


 
 
I wanted to use as a base for all the designs a soft lightweight rope effect, the sinuous effect of ivy branches were the nearest idea I could borrow from nature.


I used as a base t-shirt material cut on the bias; with this I could easily regulate the thickness to give different effects. For this design I choose pale olive green slubbed cotton thread for the wrapping.
Where the branches were intertwined I bound them together. I choose a shiny red miniature artificial apple as the feature decoration as I loved its glossiness next to the soft green yarn. I also added a leaf and some berries which I repeated in a bunch at the neckline to balance the design.

I made a silver plated wire hook and ring for the fastening.

The necklace measures 54cms from end to end. The centre feature is 5.5cms deep.

€65.00

No comments:

Post a Comment