Wednesday 22 January 2014

Wearable Art...Spring Rose, another design from my Etsy Shop

Second in my collection of wrapped textile jewellery

Spring Rose

  
I used as a base t-shirt material cut on the bias; with this I could easily regulate the thickness to give different effects. For this design I choose natural raw silk yarn for the wrapping.



Where the branches were intertwined I bound them together. I choose a creamy white suede look fabric rose as the feature decoration. I added two leaves and seed heads in bright spring greens. I made green craft wire into coiled tendrils threaded with some off white wood beads.
I made a silver plated wire hook and ring for the fastening.












 The necklace measures 53cms from end to end. The centre feature is 9.5cms deep.


Spring Rose in my Etsy Shop €65

No comments:

Post a Comment